Monday, November 30, 2015

"The Wind Guardian" by Frank Scozzari









The Wind Guardian
by Frank Scozzari (Goodreads Author)


The ultimate threats facing United States come to life in Frank Scozzari's fast-paced thriller. With the help of an inside man, a group of determined terrorists siege a nuclear power plant, intending to spread radiation and wreak destruction into the world.

The only thing standing in their way are two misfit security guards, who return to their posts and realize what is happening in the power plant. The two soon find themselves in a battle against time and odds, as the terrorists facing them will stop at nothing to accomplish their goals.

The Wind Guardian exposes the vulnerability of a terrorist attack on one of our nation's nuclear power plants from an insider's perspective.






The Wind Guardian blurb sounded really good to read and I was intrigued by it. Unfortunately there were some good points to it and some that didn't appeal to me. Mr. Scozzari set a good foundation for this book and he really did his research. At times both the plot was interesting and gripping but it did fizzle out sometimes. The theme is up to date, as we are now living in the age of Islamic terrorism but I think that the plot could have been fleshed out more to my liking anyway. The actual writing isgood with a variety of language ( good vocabulary) and a feeling of immediacy.


The beginning of the Story didn't hook me and it took me awhile to get into it but even thebuild up to the actual event took too Long and there were times were I nearly gave up. More character development would have been good especially when it came to the main characters. Why did the perpetrators act the way they did. What made them want to do it. If you can overlook the irritating spelling and word errors e.g. slue for slew, new for knew, nother for other, loose for lose, quite for quiet and dieing for dying then this is a book for you. Spelling and grammar is unfortunately one of my pet peeves.


Cameron the main security guard at night at the nuclear power plant hates his job. He isn't happy with his life. Cameron leaves his post to secretly hook up with his girlfriend they mischievously discover all the lovely areas to play like a couple of kids, all while terrorist activities are going on around them. I mean I don't like my job but really?


Now I know that there were a lot of positive Reviews on this book. Please respect my opinion on this as even giving it 3 Stars isn't too bad.

I would not buy any more of the writer's books, as I my expectations are much higher. I want to finish a book thinking that was 'a good read' or I really learnt something there.

reviewed by