Monday, December 21, 2015

Irresistibly Yours (Oxford #1) by Lauren Layne











Irresistibly Yours (Oxford #1)
by
Meet the men of Oxford magazine! In the first captivating spin-off of Lauren Layne’s Sex, Love & Stiletto series, a not-so-friendly battle of the sexes turns into a scorching office romance.

Hotshot sports editor Cole Sharpe has been freelancing for Oxford for years, so when he hears about a staff position opening up, he figures he’s got the inside track. Then his boss drops a bombshell: Cole has competition. Female competition, in the form of a fresh-faced tomboy who can hang with the dudes—and write circles around them, too. Cole usually likes his women flirty and curvy, but he takes a special interest in his skinny, sassy rival, if only to keep an eye on her. And soon, he can’t take his eyes off her.

Penelope Pope knows all too well that she comes off as just one of the guys. Since she’s learned that wanting more usually leads to disappointment, Penelope’s resigned to sitting on the sidelines when it comes to love. So why does Cole make her want to get back in the game? The man is as arrogant as he is handsome. He probably sees her as nothing more than a barrier to his dream job. But when an unexpected kiss turns into a night of irresistible passion, Penelope has to figure out whether they’re just fooling around—or starting something real.

Includes a special message from the editor, as well as an excerpt from another Loveswept title.








 photo Irresistibly Yours_zpseiila1oe.jpg
5 Sharpe and Pope Stars 

So I received a copy of ‚I wish you were mine‘ and as It is the second in the series I decided to read book one first. I absolutely loved this book and after reading this book 

I backtracked to read the Sex, Love and Stiletto’s Series as they featured in this book and I was intrigued. I have to admit though but I love the bloke’s perspective better and the magazine as well. 

Cole Sharpe is a freelance sports writer for Oxford magazine. He is of the opinion that he will get the job as sports editor at Oxford just because they know him, what he doesn’t know is that he has competition. Cole Sharpe needs this job to take care of his brother to keep him in his living arrangements. 

This was the competition. This was the person standing between Cole & the job he so desperately wanted. I suppose I should have been more thorough when I introduced myself she said sweetly. 

“Penelope Pope, sports editor.” 
“Plus side? At least now Cole knew what was in her damm notebook. 
Downside everything else. 

Penelope ‘Tiny’ Pope has moved from Chicago to New York for a fresh start and to become the sports editor for Oxford. She needs this after what Evan did to her. The rat turd. She isn’t a girly girl although she does sometimes want to look pretty. Make up, high heels, power shopping? Not her thing. 

It wasn’t like Penelope never wore high heels. She did. Sometimes. Say like her best friend’s wedding or her Grandmother’s funeral. Pope knows that they are interviewing for the same job but not that he is a freelancer for the magazine but Pope is so nice about it. 

She even invites him out to coffee although they are going for the same job. She wants to be his friend so. She liked him. Not because he was pretty to look at, but oh my goodness he was so pretty to look at. And exactly her type. Athletic, dark brown eyes and blond hair.

 Cole realized he didn’t have a type until he met Penelope Pope. She is everything he ever wanted and more. In the end they both make co-editors for Oxford. They can’t help but not get involved and Penelope agrees to a weekend fling and during the week they are only colleagues. 

Yeah that doesn’t work at all. I loved them together and I loved them apart. Cole isn’t used to rejection though. Which makes him all the more adorable in my opinion. I didn’t like that she kept on pushing him away. But did understand to a certain degree that she has self-esteem issues. I mean the girl friend zoned herself which is a first and well I think that is also what got Cole hooked.

 There is not that much drama and I love how Penelope dealt with her kinda ex/thieving rat turd. In the end Cole pushes Penelope away because of what happened to his brother. Stupid you muppet! I mean come on 

“See you around Pope” what is she a dog? Lincoln pulled through though.
 ”Do you love him enough to want him back, even though he is a complete fool?"
“Yeah, of course I love him enough to want him back” Now I can’t pick out one specific thing that made this book enjoyable it is the whole package that made me laugh. 

Although there was coffeegate, the goldfish Edgar and Lola may she rest in peace. Thank you Ms. Layne.  

reviewed by