Friday, November 11, 2016

The Darkest Frost: Volume 1 (TDF #1) by Tanya Holmes

 
 
Goodreads review
 
 
 
 
 
When the ghost of her best friend begs for her help, psychic detective Denieve Knight goes undercover as a live-in domestic to catch a killer. She sets her sights on the most likely suspect: her friend’s mysterious employer, Doctor Braeden Frost.

Dubbed "Dr. Death" by the press, the notorious hematologist is linked to nineteen other suspicious fatalities—all are former patients. The brooding recluse is a man of many secrets, the darkest of which may be lurking beneath the leather gloves he never removes.  
 


 
I’ve read a lot of urban fantasy/paranormal and some gothic in my time. I can tell if something is good or not and this is absolutely epic. I’ve been wracking my brain in how to write a review without giving anything away. My best bet is to keep it vague.

Denieve Knight is a psychic detective but is undercover at the Frost house as the housekeeper, Danielle Reed. Danieve aka Danielle, I’m going to stick with Danielle here for the moment so that I don’t confuse you, can read vibes of people more importantly emotions, lies smell like manure.

She is trying to find out who killed her friend and is undercover at Dr. Death and the media & press has dubbed him. Even without talking to Braeden there is something between them. Danielle encounters the ghost of her friend and so the twists and turns in the plot begin. 

 
 

 It has been a very long time that I have read anything that is so unique and original that pulls you into the book and where you just want to continue reading this book. You want to meet the characters in person. You feel what they feel be it joy, sadness, desperation and the emptiness that surrounds the Hero.

Luckily enough well for me anyway I’m on holiday this week so I could really enjoy this book without any disturbances. I am enthralled, enchanted and really impressed by this book. Luckily enough for me as well I waited for the second book to come out before I started the series.